Nombre total de pages vues

samedi 2 décembre 2017

BALLADE EN BLUES/ The Soundtrack

BALLADE EN BLUES/ The Soundtrack


Pour répondre à de nombreuses demandes, voici une petite anthologie qui récapitule en musique ma Ballade en Blues, en tout cas les voyages des années 1970- début des 80's.
Si vous n'avez pas encore le livre, il est bien sûr en vente pour Noël sur Amazon ou via mon site web
To answer many requests, here is an anthology of music I heard during my "Ballade en Blues" during the 1970's/Early 80's. The book is of course still in print (but only in French) through Amazon or my 







NASHVILLE ON MY MIND
01. Charlie Mc Coy: I'm ready
02. Mack Magaha & Mark Barnett: Banjo blues

DELTA BLUES
03. Napoleon Strickland: Key to the bushes
04. Jessie Mae Hemphill & Compton Jones: Rollin' and tumble
05. Compton Jones: Glory glory Hallelujah
06. R.L. Burnside: Fireman ring the bell
07. Lucius Smith: Memphis blues
08. Cleo Williams: Jesus has never left me alone

CLARKSDALE
09. Wade Walton: Parchman farm
10. Raymond Hill: Going down

MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN
11. Big Sam Clark: Who's gonna play the blues?
12. Fred Sanders: I've got a feeling
13. Sonny Blake: Sonny's harmonica jam
14. Laura Dukes: Little Laura's blues
15. Joyce Cobb: The thrill is gone
16. Prince Gabe: Summertime
17. Furry Lewis: Every day of the week
18. Billy Lee Riley: Dark Muddy bottom

CHICAGO ON MY MIND
19. Addie: I think I got the blues
20. Floyd Jones: New dark road blues I & II
21. Big Walter Horton: They call me Big Walter

23. CODA: My Blues will (Testament en blues)




AUTRES LIVRES


       PORTRAITS EN BLUES (en Français)                                                                  
       

THE CATFISH BLUES SAGA (In English)
                                       

10 commentaires:

  1. BALLADE EN BLUES/ The Soundtrack

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/bti0ri2u0ajywbt/BALLADE.zip

    OK?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you very much Gerard. I look forward to listening to this album.
    Have you ever considered translating your books that only appear in French? Alas, I'm too old to learn a new language!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes of course. There are already some books translated in english (Encyclopaedia of the blues, A long blues in A minor, The Catfish blues saga). I think this "Ballade en blues" would have some appeal to the American readers but it's not so easy to have a good and faithful translator with those kinds of books. I can't do that by myself. I'm anyway searching.... Bad translations have already marred somewhat some of my books so I'm cautious by now...

      Supprimer
  3. Merci Gérard, l'occasion de relire votre livre

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi Gerard. The CODA that performs the last track, can you give me more information regarding the track. I guess it is Cisco?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks, ballas. My blues will is my own comp. I play the guitar and I sing, my brother Cisco plays the second guitar, my son David plays the harmonica, Bernard Brimeur on string bass and Patrick Cassoti on the drums. Recorded late 1999. From our album Herzhaft Special (http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/89870857/herzhaft-blues-two-brothers-and-a-pick-cassettes-mini-disques-laser-disques.html)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Gerard. It's very good, especially the harmonica. I'm going to buy the CD.

      Supprimer
    2. If you like the harmonica of David, check out his own work, CDs and such. He is now living permanently in the USA: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoaohg4njy0bchlqwVbDnkA

      Supprimer